Pages

Friday, March 04, 2011

Day 3: The Person You Have Been Close to for the Longest

Ivy's 22nd Birthday Party. July 2010
This is my Ives. I have known her since, oh kindergarten I believe. We have been through so much together. She has always been the first one to call when something bad happens and is one of the first that I call when I have good news to share. We are not only close in this aspect, our houses are literally within walking distance of each other. Although we don't live in the same town right now, we still make time to catch up when we are both in Albany. Or, when I don't go home for a lengthy period of time, we have our phone calls.

Ivy is one of those few people in my life that I can just sit in a room with, in total silence, and it not feel awkward. She is also one person that I can just look at and she knows what I'm thinking, even if no one else in the room gets it. She understands me when I mumble things, and can tell when something is wrong even when I try my best to hide it.

My Ives is going to revolutionize the world one day. She has a heart for missions and is living that out right now in Albany, but I know one day she will be called to go. I look forward to this day. Yes, I will be sad when she is oceans away, but I know that's what God has her on this earth for and I can't wait to see his plan fulfilled in her life.

1 comment:

  1. you are seriously the greatest friend. you never laugh at my dreams. and you actually want me to be a world changer. i am honored to be your best friend.

    ReplyDelete